short poem category
- Jennifer Crow, “We Took Our Gods”, Issue 21, January 2010
- Lyn C. A. Gardner, “Midnight Posture”, Issue 23, Summer/Fall 2010
- Shweta Narayan, “Cave-smell”, Issue 22, Winter/Spring 2010
- Jane Yolen, “The Gospel of the Rope”, Issue 23, Summer-Fall, 2010.
long poem category
- F. J. Bergmann, “Occidental”, Issue 23, Summer-Fall 2010
- C. S. E. Cooney, “Ere One Can Say It Lightens”, Issue 22, Winter/Spring 2010
- Joshua Gage, “Rats”, Issue 22, Winter/Spring 2010
- Jaime Lee Moyer, “Rain Face”, Issue 21, January 2010
- Catherynne M. Valente, “Red Engines”, Issue 21, January 2010
Competitive editor's note. With nine nominations, that brings Mythic Delirium in at second, with Star*Line the leader at 11. Strange Horizons and Goblin Fruit tie for third at seven each. Newcomer Stone Telling lands five nominations with only two issues, makes me wonder what a full four issues worth of poems will do. The Mythic Delirium/Goblin Fruit score is muddled by the editor switch last year; as a result, I chose two of Amal'n'Jess's nominees and they chose three of mine: as editors, we apparently tie at eight nominees each. Hmmm....